SGL is one of the largest providers of pre-poured microbiological culture media for all applications in water testing ranging from the estimation of overall numbers of culturable micro-organisms right through to the highly sensitive detection of waterborne contamination and the specific isolation of Legionella pneumophila.
SGL SUPPLIES LEGIONELLA TESTING MEDIA INTO MANY LARGE WATER TESTING LABORATORIES
Our experience supplying these laboratories means we understand the requirements of a high sample thru put environment:
- Fast reliable results
- Consistent product quality
- Flexible service to match increases/decreases in demand
- A strong commercial offering keeping the cost per test down
Pre-poured Culture Media for Legionella detection:
- Legionella Acid Buffer
- BCYE Agar (Buffered charcoal yeast extract agar)
- BCYE-cys Agar (Buffered charcoal yeast extract agar without L-cysteine)
- GVPC Agar (Glycine vancomycin polymyxin B cycloheximide agar)
GVPC Agar (Glycine Vancomycin Polymyxin Cycloheximide) is a medium recommended by ISO 11731:2017 for the isolation of Legionella and estimation of their numbers in water samples.