Competitive Salary (based on experience), Bonus >35% – Car – Tools for Role – Pension – Healthcare
South, London & South East, Eastern Counties (Flexible)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Account Manager to join a rapidly expanding scientific manufacturing business that produces prepared microbiological culture media and other associated products for microbiology.
Selling to Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic, Food & Beverage, Water & Environmental and Contract Laboratory testing sectors as a Sales Account Manager your role will be to manage and develop the customer base in terms of both turnover and margin by identifying opportunities with existing customers and developing new prospects.
Working with the National Sales Manager and Commercial Director the individual will drive sales forward to meet business growth targets. The role is primarily field based spending four days of the week generating sales leads, visiting customers, attending promotional events, exhibitions, technical conferences and generally exploring microbiology laboratory environments looking for opportunities.
- New business development
- Customer visits and account contact
- Quote and tender preparation
- Customer care and complaint management (In conjunction with the Quality Manager)
- Liaising with the different business functions, production, customer services, quality in order to deliver product and a high level service to your customers
The Successful Applicant
Minimum of a BSc in Microbiology or Life-Science (with microbiology focus)
Must have one of the following:
- At least 1-2 years field sales experience
- At least 1-2 years practical laboratory experience
A scientific sales professional with a good grounding in the industry and good basic field sales skills looking to move into a more responsible position with good earning potential, in a team where they can really make an impact.
A microbiology professional currently working in a laboratory who wants to use their scientific knowledge and experience to maximise their earnings, take on a new challenge out of the lab in interesting a varied microbiology settings.
• Experience in microbiology culture media manufacturing being an advantage.
• Candidates must be highly motivated, driven and be committed to a career in a field sales role.
• Candidates must be resilient and able to work autonomously.
• Have strong relationship building skills with customers and maintaining a professional approach.
• The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a full UK driving licence.
CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org